Monday, August 18, 2014

Relic Knights: 'Murica

I missed the Kickstarter boat for Relic Knights, but lucky for me, one of our locals was selling off all of his factions. Though some of the other factions have a few gems, I grabbed Shattered Sword because a) not many other people are playing it and b) women with practical armor. Holy cow, the end is nigh.

What? Where are the boob plates?!
Also, they have the highest number of models I actually like. For instance, Austrican.



Who, for reference, is huge. He barely fits that 50mm base. Also, he's only just smaller than the actual Relic Knight of the faction:






The guy sitting in the cockpit of that beast is regular troop size.

I had a hell of a time finding a color scheme for these guys, though, and I may still change some things. I went through an ill-fated Easter-bunny color scheme, and mint chocolate chip ice cream colors. Apparently my skill isn't quite up to those choices, so I fell back on nice stable primary colors, Red and Blue.


They're looking a little bit Captain America, I'm afraid. Not sure if there's a way I can fix that. Perhaps something other than white for the scrollwork... not sure.

Also, Secret Weapon bases! My first time using nice bases. Pretty stoked.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The models are very anime, so some parts are kind of featureless (especially the female faces), but I still like them :)

      Delete