Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Big Pig Helga

I've been excited to get my paws on this model since I first saw it. I'm not ashamed to say that I based, primed, and painted it on the same day I got it. Can't stop won't stop.






I used white primer, which really popped the colors when I layered them on thin. The hair in particular was a very dark red-brown (skrag from GW? not sure) that came out so vibrant and perfect I couldn't bear to lighten it up to blonde like I originally intended.

Also, the blue was a last-minute addition. A local painter said the theme was a bit bland and suggested I make the banner blue; then we started investigating woad, and she went full highlander.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! Just let us know the next time you're inspired to paint a random caster and we'll see if we have it for our who's the boss roster.

    ReplyDelete