Thursday, June 19, 2014

Reorganization

About a year ago, I strolled into my local hobby shop with a vague nostalgic urge to hang out with geeks and work on art. I figured I'd buy one model and a few paints, get it out of my system, and move on.

Hah.

So I bought a box of Skaven clanrats and put my primary colors in an Easter basket I had lying around.

Soon enough I outgrew the basket and leveled up my hardware.

To a larger basket.
Why yes, that is a picnic basket.
I have this stubborn streak about doing things the traditional way. The Skaven Warbasket has custom-built shelves (plucked-foam leftovers hot-glued together) and carted my army around very competently for some time. However, it's big and not incredibly sturdy (bought it at Goodwill) and just not customizable enough for the variety of stuff i needed to haul around. 

Eventually I put my paints and miscellaneous supplies in a craft tackle box. Then, when I had too many paints, the spillover was stored in a Ninja Turtles metal lunch box. But this was starting to feel ridiculous, so I finally caved. Our shop had a Bizarre Bazaar, where I got a $20 citadel case, and now I'm putting it to good use:



I threw it around for testing purposes, and everything seems to be willing to stay put.

(Day #429, still haven't caved to the GW or Battlefoam man...)

No comments:

Post a Comment