Monday, June 9, 2014

Morvahna the Dragoness, Miniature Conversion

A friend of mine asked me to paint his D&D mini a while back. Now, he's a close friend, so I wanted it to be special, something he could show off and be proud of (even if the character was doomed as soon as he got his mini painted). So I decided that instead of just painting the Serpentfolk Evoker he was using as a poor symbol of his much more interesting character, I'd convert something for him.

When I suggested sculpting a dragon face onto a model, the folks at my local hobby shop were politely skeptical. But I was pretty sure I could manage it. I hadn't told my friend about my cunning plan, so if it didn't turn out well, I'd cry a little and move on. I could still just paint his regular mini and pretend I'd meant to do that all along.

His character was a golem made of stone in the shape of a curvy woman with a dragon features including face and tail. She's a sorceress, and is kept animated by a ruby-inlaid tiara.

SO. For the main pose and body, I chose Morvahna the Autumnblade, sliced off her sword, and went to town with the green stuff. It's a little cartoony and lacks a terrible amount of detail, but I'm pleased with how she came out.



No comments:

Post a Comment